Job Openings at First Presbyterian Church
Director of Outreach and Discipleship
The First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield, CT (FPC) is seeking a full-time Director of Outreach and Discipleship (DOD) who is passionate about Christ, motivated to reach the unchurched and gifted in making disciples. This person has been uniquely gifted by God to organize and equip FPC to invite our local community to join us as we follow Christ. S/he have the skills to design, promote and oversee neighborhood events and programs to build relationships and bridge the gap between the church and the community.
The essential functions for the Director of Outreach and Discipleship are to equip FPC to reach the unchurched in our local community and to lead us as we make the next generation of disciples.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for prayer, reaching the unchurched and making Christ centered families.
- be a strong believer, out-going, great communicator, organized, pay attention to detail, work well with others (a real team player), and a problem solver (hole-plugger).
- have the heart, the vision and the natural comfort level to do evangelism.
- have the administrative skills for administrative work that goes with the role.
- be gifted in teaching the Gospel especially to youth, children and the unchurched.
- be a strong communicator (in person and through social media).
Attract, build and sustain a robust volunteer community within the church for each church ministry so the congregation can better use its God-given talent, time and resources making disciples for Jesus Christ.
Supporting the Children’s and Youth ministry, providing spiritual support and guidance, equipping parents and volunteers with materials and training to discipling children and youth. This includes outreach to the neighborhood and Nursery school through programming, digital and social media, and events attractive to the unchurched.
Provide spiritual support, coordination and administrative oversight to our small groups to design, create and support programs focused on developing disciples and spiritual leaders within the congregation. This includes studies and training for the best use of one’s social media, articulating one’s faith and put into action, to spread the love of Christ to the unchurched.
- 4 year college accredited degree in ministry
- 2 years experience in similar roles preferred
- Theologically compatible with Reformed teaching and doctrine
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Compensation: $65K plus medical benefits
Vacation: 4 weeks
Personal Days: 3
Sick Days: 10
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Director of Family & Children’s Ministry
The First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield, CT (FPC) is seeking a part-time Director of Director of Family and Children’s Ministry who is passionate about Christ, and gifted in making disciples in family and motivated to reach the unchurched in Fairfield county.
The Director of Family and Children’s Ministry will act as a faith-filled Christian parent-link to our children’s ministry (ages birth through 5th grade) ensuring a dynamic, fluid program connected to our church worship and supportive of the goal to grow and make disciples of Jesus Christ.
The essential functions for the Coordinator of Family and Children’s Ministry position are outreach and discipleship. The DFCM will develop a program to reach families with children in our community by leveraging social media platforms and other digital platforms. The DFCM will teach the Gospel and lead small groups in creative and relatable ways.
The Director of Family & Children’s Ministry will work with the pastor and elders:
- to develop a vision to reach young families and make FPC family friendly.
- will be responsible for the discipleship for children ages birth through 5th grade.
- ability to recruit, equip and manage volunteers for the Sunday children’s ministry program.
- have the skills to design, promote and oversee family friendly events with an emphasis on introducing families to Christ and empowering them for ministry.
- will recruit, train and encourage volunteers to lead outreach events and disciple families especially as this ministry grows.
- will create an integrated program of discipleship for each age level. These programs include nursery care on Sundays, Children’s Worship, Vacation Bible School.
- will partner with our Nursery School to reach those families with the Gospel.
- Create timely and effective communications to parents to engage them in their children’s discipleship.
- A passion for prayer, and for reaching the unchurched and making Christ centered families.
- Welcoming, approachable, cheerful, energetic relationship builder
- Capable of doing the administrative work that goes with the role.
- Gifted in teaching the Gospel especially to children.
- A strong communicator (in person & digitally).
- A vital growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Agreement with the church’s statement of faith, core values, and philosophy of ministry
Experience, Compensation and Benefits
Experience: Preferred 2 years with a proven track record in similar roles
Education: College Degree and Accredited Ministry Training
Compensation: $30,000, 15 hours a week, 2 weeks vacation
Reports to: Lead Pastor