Job Openings at First Presbyterian Church
Coordinator of Digital Engagement
This person will oversee all social media for the church, including creating graphics and working with the pastor and communications volunteer team. Will provide leadership, development and management for a volunteer team video/media for Sunday morning service and other special services.
Online Communications tasks
- Assist the pastor and worship team in creating a positive Sunday morning in worship experience including an inviting and positive experience for online worshippers and the community at large.
- Work with Communications volunteer team to maintain clear communications with the online community via website, and social media through digital content and graphics including developing a strategy for social media channels
- Gather, develop, and post meaningful website on website and social media platforms to engage our congregation and beyond and to share the First Presbyterian’s mission.
- Gather, develop, and post content for the weekly digital Newsletter
- Lead, plan and manage Sunday worship videos/live streaming including operation of live broadcast, audio video and presentation
- Coordinating recording, editing, exporting, and uploading weekly worship service: audio, video (Facebook Live, YouTube).
- Recruit and train new live video team volunteers and coordinate volunteer photography team.
- Create in ProPresenter the weekly sermon and worship slides
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of all video equipment
- Experience in digital communications and marketing preferred
- Experience in running video equipment preferred
- Proficiency in graphic design software (ProPresenter, Adobe Suite, Canva, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, creative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Link to online portfolio with samples of your work related to communications and video
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Hours: 10-12 hours weekly (will vary week to week)
Sundays 9 am. to noon
Remote Hours (vary weekly)
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com along a link to an online portfolio with samples of your work related to communications or video. No phone calls please.
Director of Family & Children’s Ministry (DFCM)
Summary and Overview of Responsibilities
The First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield, CT (FPC) is seeking a disciple of Christ who loves Jesus, loves families and inviting families to come and see what Jesus is all about.
The Director of Family and Children’s Ministry will act as a faith-filled Christian parent-link to our children’s ministry (ages birth through 5th grade) ensuring a dynamic, fluid program connected to our church worship and supportive of the goal to grow to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
The essential functions for the Director of Family and Children’s Ministry position are outreach and discipleship. In the area of outreach, the DFCM will develop a program to leverage social media platforms and other digital platforms to reach families with children in our community. The DFCM will teach the Gospel and lead small groups in creative and relatable ways.
The Director of Family & Children’s Ministry (DFCM) will work with the pastor and elders:
- to develop a vision to reach young families and make FPC family friendly.
- have the skills to design, promote and oversee family friendly events with an emphasis on introducing families to Christ and empowering them for ministry.
- will develop leaders, programs and resources specifically designed to deepen family relationships with Christ.
- will collaborate with families to make disciples within their own households and to reach out to families in their local circles with the Gospel message.
- will recruit, develop, and train leaders to lead outreach events and disciple families especially as this ministry grows.
- will be responsible for the discipleship for children ages birth through 5th grade.
- will develop outreach events/programs to reach out of the church walls to engage with parents and their children.
- will create an integrated program of discipleship for each age level. These programs include nursery care on Sundays, Children’s Worship, Vacation Bible School, Children’s Youth Group and other special ministry programs for children and families as developed in a church-wide vision.
- will partner with our Nursery School to reach those families with the Gospel.
- will recruit, develop and train leaders to lead children’s ministry especially as it grows.
- A passion for prayer, and for reaching the unchurched and making Christ centered families.
- Welcoming, magnetic, dynamic, cheerful, energetic relationship builder
- Capable of doing the administrative work that goes with the role.
- Gifted in teaching the Gospel especially to children.
- A strong communicator (in person & digitally).
- A vital growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Agreement with the church’s statement of faith, core values, and philosophy of ministry
Experience, Compensation and Benefits
Experience: Served 2 to 5 years with a proven track record in similar roles
Education: College Degree and Accredited Ministry Training
Compensation: $60K plus benefits
Reports to: Lead Pastor
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and faith statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield is seeking an outgoing office professional with demonstrable computer, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Responsibilities include clerical office duties, office coordination, communications, database management.
The position is part-time exempt, $22/hour; 12 hours per week working Monday thru Thursday.
We are looking for an individual with a keen attention to detail, who can work independently and as part of a team and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Greet visitors, vendors, and members of the congregation; answer phones, relay calls and take messages. Professionally and courteously handle routine requests for information, assist Church members, and assist and direct callers to appropriate sources for help.
- Work closely with the Pastor and staff coordinating schedules and work; assist with communications, and relay to Pastor important information regarding the congregation (i.e., sicknesses, births/deaths, and other areas of pastoral concern).
- Receive and take deliveries of mail and packages.
- Monitor and order office and worship supplies, within the Church budget.
- Works with the Facilities Coordinator for assignment of building room use.
- Responsible for the production of the weekly Sunday bulletin, both printed and online, as well as weekly emails to the congregation.
- Responsible for the comprehensive compilation of annual reports, and all other specialty publications with regard to special Sunday services put out by the Church (works closely with the Pastor, staff, members of the congregation and various committees to produce).
- Create and edit programs/certificates for weddings, baptisms, memorial services, Confirmation, and other special services as required.
- Administer official master calendar for internal and external programs.
- Assist Chairs with the updating of bulletin boards as needed.
- Maintain and coordinate with the Clerk of Session the ACS Church management database, as well as all Church files, records, and forms, including but not limited to baptisms, weddings, confirmations, and member lists including new members, transfers, and deaths.
- Create and manage forms for registration and attendance at events and services working with Committee Chairs.
- Associate degree or higher (preferred, but not required), or equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent computer proficiency, with demonstrable skills with all Microsoft Office products including Word, and Excel. Knowledge of G-Suite products and email marketing and design programs (like Mailchimp and Canva) desired.
- Experience with database management software and a willingness to learn the current database system is essential.
- Web site maintenance skills, as well as a proficiency utilizing social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Per Church guidelines, the employee may not be a FPC Church member, or a relative of a FPC member.
Facilities are open on a limited basis. All employees, members, and visitors are required to wear masks in commons areas. Time in the office is expected due to the confidentiality of records; may require some work from home to accommodate the schedule of the Church and the Pastor, and in accordance with any federal, state, or local executive orders.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to FPCStaffing@firstpresby.net No phone calls please.